You are worthy of respect, love, and belonging. To be your authentic self in a world in which you are not guaranteed acceptance takes tremendous courage. Therapy can be especially beneficial for LGBTQ+ individuals because of the unique challenges you face. If you are seeking therapy for any of the following reasons, we will likely be a good fit...
- You want to work through anxiety, depression or any other mental health concerns, and need to know that your therapist is supportive & affirming of your LGBTQ+ identity.
- You are wanting to explore your identity as it relates to sexual orientation or gender.
- You are in the process of coming out to family and friends.
- You would like to work through feelings resulting from receiving the message that it is "not okay" to be lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer/questioning.
- You are wanting somewhere to start as you consider social and/or medical transition as a transgender or nonbinary person.
- You are in need of a referral letter for hormone replacement therapy.
(I am well-versed in the WPATH Standards of Care)